Channel NewsAsia Business News

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Portfolio Review

January has been a yoyo month, and I am guilty of being greedy. Below is my current holdings.


My portfolio cost and market value has increased because I decided to add in the cash that I decide to use for investment into the equation. As such, the percentage gain has been reduced.

Over the month, I increased my average price of First Resources to 1.05 cents (rounded up), while i divested my holdings in Bank of America. The reasons for divesting Bank of America was covered in an earlier blog post.

Palm Oil prices are recovering, albeit at a slower pace due to soybean having a bumper harvest. However, I am still bullish about the palm oil sector with the demand for biofuels increasing.

I am looking at several companies, among which is Novo Group. However, as I am unsure about the future prospects of steel, as well as the company's management, I would need to carry out more research on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment